Re: DelayConfig errors building 3.0 snapshot from today

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 4 May 2003 21:09:47 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 4 May 2003, Joe Cooper wrote:

> Hmmm...I have them:
>
> [joe@delilah SPECS]$ rpm -q openssl-devel
> openssl-devel-0.9.7a-5
>
> I have seen the krb5.h missing bug in Red Hat 9 (I saw that you had
> cc'ed on the bug in Red Hat bugzilla, so I guess you know which bug I'm
> referring to). But this doesn't seem to be the same issue.

This is the same issue.

Try --with-openssl=/usr/kerberos as a workaround to the RedHat
braindamage.. This is what I use on RedHat 9.

Don't forget to "make distclean".

> Would explicitly pointing to the openssl include dir
> (/usr/include/openssl) make any difference?

No. The problem with RedHat is that they have built OpenSSL with Kerberos
support, but kerberos is not in the standard library and include path..
This makes it impossible to build OpenSSL applications without manually
including /usr/kerberos in the include and library paths.

The OpenSSL headers are where they should be in the standard include and
library paths, but depending on other (kerberos) which are not.. They
could just as well have installed OpenSSL under /usr/kerberos and this
would actually have been less of a problem.