Re: Squid 3 features

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 07 May 2003 13:51:37 +0200

ons 2003-05-07 klockan 13.37 skrev michele.de-martin@electrolux.it:

> How can stateful helpers, like NTLM ones, manage multiple requests?
> Is squid<->helper protocol going to be changed too?

The squid<->helper protocol is changed when overlapping requests is
enabled for the helper. The change introduces a request "channel" number
maintained by Squid.

> AFAIK you cannot add external trusted NT users to a global NT domain, and
> present helpers can check only global NT domains. So checking multiple
> global groups on multiples PDCs can help.

Hmm.. winbind should in theory be able to check trusted domain groups I
think, but I have not verified this (do not have a NT network). You
obviously need to specify the groups by full domain for such checks to
possibly work.

Henrik Nordstrom <hno@marasystems.com>
MARA Systems AB