Re: Squid 3 features

From: <michele.de-martin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 13:37:28 +0200

>On Wed, 2003-05-07 at 18:29, michele.de-martin@electrolux.it wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> what is "overlapping helper lookups"?
>>

>Rather than 1 outstanding request per helper process, n outstanding
>requests per helper process.
>
>Basically it allows a smaller number of helpers, kept more busy.

You know: I need some help on NTLM authentication ... :)
How can stateful helpers, like NTLM ones, manage multiple requests?
Is squid<->helper protocol going to be changed too?

>> About new features:
>> can the "ntmulti" set of helpers, I sent to Robert, be included?
>
>The 'basic' auth one - yes. The NTLM one no - the issues with it need to
>be resolved first, and I'm not confident a short time frame can be put
>on resolving those issues.
>
>Rob

Can I ask to include also the external_acl script (ntmulti_group.pl)?
It can be useful to check group membership also against multiple trusted
domains.
AFAIK you cannot add external trusted NT users to a global NT domain, and
present helpers can check only global NT domains. So checking multiple
global groups on multiples PDCs can help.

Thanks again.
Michele