Re: NTLM and pop-up windows

From: Robert Collins <robertc@dont-contact.us>
Date: 10 May 2003 18:34:38 +1000

On Thu, 2003-05-08 at 03:35, michele.de-martin@electrolux.it wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> I 'm here for that strange behaviour squid has with too few ntlm
> authenticators.
> Looking into the attached log you can see a sequence like this:

Is this an altered squid? What version of squid is it?

> S->H YR (request 1)
> H->S TT (request 1)
> S->H YR (request 2)
> H->S TT (request 2)
> S->H KK (request 1) // this should refer to TT from request 1 but that
> challenge is lost due to TT from request 2

Yes - which means that there is either a bug in the challenge cache
flush code, or you've altered squid somehow and introduced such a bug.

Squid MUST NOT call YR when there are outstanding requests. There is
specific code to prevent this (by erroring all outstanding requests)
when a helper error occurs and causes a YR to be needed.

It may be a bug - I'm reviewing the code now. Please confirm that this
occurs with a squid with no changes to authenticate.c or auth_ntlm.c.

Cheers,
Rob

--
GPG key available at: <http://users.bigpond.net.au/robertc/keys.txt>.