Re: Squid NTLMSSP helpers

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 13:47:10 +0200

On Sunday 11 May 2003 07.02, Andrew Bartlett wrote:

> > Maybe. The helpers live mostly their own life, in many aspects
> > separate from the main Squid release.
>
> Yes, well Samba's ntlm_auth lives in samba.org CVS :-)

And if we want to have this shipped with Squid for some reason we will
need to import it... but today I see no reason why the Samba helpers
should be shipped with Squid, these better belong in Samba until the
Samba side of things have settled down.

If Samba at some point makes a public and stable API for NTLMSSP then
the helper glue for using that API may belong in Squid, as the main
part of such helper then becomes understanding the Squid helper
protocol, not NTLMSSP.