just introducing myself

From: Paul Penley <P.Penley@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 09:28:29 +0800

Hi

I'm just starting on a project for my school to give our students a quota on
the downloads from the net (we have a big problem with mp3 and video
piracy). My background is that my original training in programming was over
20yrs ago (using punch cards.. boy am I glad those days are gone). My aim is
to produce something that could eventually be linked in as an option within
squid (it seems to be the best baseline to start from so I don't have to
reinvent the wheel) & mysql as we already have some mysql db's that I need
to talk to. My C knowledge is old (K&R) so I will probably ask a few stupid
questions but any advice and constructive criticism will be greatly
appreciated.

Paul

Paul Penley
Assistant Computer Systems Administrator
School of Psychology
Curtin University of Technology
P.Penley@curtin.edu.au
Ph: +61 8 9266 7840