Re: Mysterious CPU eater in 3.0

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 09:23:42 -0500

One more data point:

Reducing disk/memory usage has no impact--the problem still occurs,
possibly less frequently. The machines have ample memory at 2GB and
even with the 60GB cache_dir and 256MB cache_mem, there is 700+MB of
available memory.

The disk I/O type has no impact. aufs and ufs are both similarly effected.

I kind of suspect server side network issues, as it seemingly happens
more frequently when the byte hit ratio is extremely bad (due to
range_offset_limit and quick_abort_min being set to -1).

--
Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
Web caching appliances and support.