Re: Christian Kunst - Squid iCAP Client

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 03 Jun 2003 16:36:46 +0200

mån 2003-06-02 klockan 13.54 skrev Christian Kunst:

> My name is Christian Kunst, and I would like to join the Squid team. I
> am interested in helping develop the Squid iCAP client. Please let me
> know what are the next steps that I should take.

Hi Cristian,

The next steps to become a Squid developer are:

* Subscribe to the squid-dev mailinglist

* Create a SourceForge account if you do not have one already, and send
me your account name.

* While your registration is pending, take the time to read the notes on
http://devel.squid-cache.org/

Regarding the Squid ICAP client:

There is many things to do. There is a mostly working ICAP client
implementation for Squid-2.5 in the icap-2_5 branch, but I am working on
fixing some issues in REQMOD. There probably also is a few bugs lurking
in how it deals with aborted/failed requests etc and this needs testing
and fixing.

Then there is the major task of writing an ICAP client for Squid-3 with
the goal of having ICAP support merged into Squid. The internals of
Squid have changed a lot since Squid-2.5 and the approach to hook into
the datastreams selected by the Squid-2.5 ICAP client implementation is
probably not the most suited for Squid-3.

Geetha Manjunath probably have more info on the subject.