Re: Want to stop entries of error in access log

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 10:31:42 +0200

On Monday 16 June 2003 08.06, atit jariwala wrote:
> Hello Squid Dev,
> Whenever squid encounters error during processing of client
> request,It makes entry in access log telling request which was not
> successfully handled by squid.I want squid to stop making these
> entries in access log. How to achieve it?

Sorry, did not read your message carefully enough. Thought you wanted
to filter out the messages in cache.log on malformed requests..

To filter out entries from being logged to access.log you need to add
conditions to the call to accessLogLog() in client_side.c to not call
accessLogLog for requests you do not want to log.

Alternatively you may be able to use the log_access patch
<url:http://devel.squid-cache.org/projects.html#log_access> to
selectively filter out certain requests, but this is a more general
approach and maybe not exacly suitable for filtering out errors
(there is no acl by which to identity an error)