Creating and deleting directories via FTP proxy

From: <dpavlik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 15:56:23 +0200

Dear Squid users!

I found reply to the same question whitch I have, but the answer is now out
of the date, so I have question if there is some change and if it is
possible to create and delete folders via FTP proxy in the new Squid (We
have SUSE Linux 8.0). I thing that there is no change, but I don´t know it
exactly.
If there is some change, please tell me, what to change?
Thank you for reply.

--
Daniel Pavlik
e-mail: dpavlik@gateway.cz
From: Henrik Nordstrom
Primikov Alexei wrote:

> Dear Squd users!
>
> My users are using FTP via Squid and I have a problem that
> users can't create directory on FTP server.
> So maybe there is a special method to add squid.conf?
HTTP does not define a method for creating directories.
Squid creates directories as required when a file is PUT there, so if
you PUT <ftp://some.server/path/to/newdir/file> then Squid will make sure
the path path/to/newdir exists on the FTP server, creating directories
as needed.
Deletetion of FTP objects via Squid is not yet implemented. HTTP defines
a method for DELETE so this is mostly a matter of implementing, and
getting support in clients.
--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid Hacker