Re: Location of first draft of Squid MIB

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 27 Jun 2003 20:56:58 +0200

fre 2003-06-27 klockan 19.00 skrev Arnaldo Gouveia:

> I´m trying to find the
>
> First draft of the Proxy/Cache MIB.
> First draft of squid's MIB.

The first revision of the Squid MIB after inclusion into Squid can be
found here:

http://www.squid-cache.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/squid/src/mib.txt?rev=1.1&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

It was included in Squid 21 Nov 1997.

The first Squid version where this MIB was published was
Squid-1.2.beta7, published 27 Nov 1997. As this was a beta version
mainly intended for people working on or testing the next version of
Squid it is not considered of public interest and is no longer published
on the Internet.

More details in the early history of the Squid and the Proxy/Cache MIB
can be found from the cache-snmp mailinglist archives
http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/cache-snmp/

The generic proxy/cache MIB to my knowledge never made is past the early
draft and is no longer officially published. A google quickly found the
following copy floating around on the Internet however:

http://thproxy.jinr.ru/file-archive/doc/squid/cache-snmp/proxy-mib-00.txt

In the same directory you can also find many early notes on the MIB
develoment, including numerous drafts of the Squid MIB including what is
labelled as the "First draft".

note: the links are broken in this old mirror of the cache-snmp web
site, but the files are there if you manually correct the links as shown
above.