Re: Feature Request for 3 release

From: Robert Collins <robertc@dont-contact.us>
Date: 26 Jun 2003 22:44:13 +1000

On Thu, 2003-06-26 at 17:20, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> Same thing should probably start out separately. Once the database
> (tries is just another form of databases) is proven we can consider a
> more close integration with Squid.

A trie is much less than a database, but certainly is often a key
component of a database.

I'm sure that a separate implementation could be done, but it would be a
lot harder, and require much of the same squid alterations as an
in-squid implementation. Also, most external implementations would end
up reproducing large chunks of squid (the aio / diskd / pthread+ufs io
logic for starters) which are not currently separate.

Regardless of the path, any implementation would need to be done in a
devel branch initially, and only considered for merging as part/all is
ready.

Rob