direct/from cache traffic

From: <l4vim@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2003 14:09:24 +0100

Hi,

I have transparent proxy on gateway where are some "tc" rules based on iptables MARK's (every in the LAN have his own mark and there is traffic limit on it).

I want to make filters to make possible no limited transfer for data from cache and limited for data from Internet (that there aren't on cache).

Is there any way to know what data is from cache and what is directly from Internet (I talking about www pages all the time :) ?

If it's possible to use iptables marks or make some change in <META> in cache data, I will know do I must limit trafic (with special iptables rules).

Why I'm writting to squid-DEV ? Because if there is not possible now to do what I talking about, I think it is good idea to make it possible :)

Sorry for poor english.

l4vim