squid-2.5 and coss

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 23:14:17 -0600

hi all,

I've recently been working a little more on COSS. Thanks to Duane and his
blocksize work its actually reasonably useful now. I'm having issues
tuning it (since it does waste quite a bit of space, eep!) _but_ the
performance increases make up for it.

I've got some initial patches which include a bunch of sanity asserts()
and reserving a (blocksize) block near the beginning of each stripe.
I'm planning on storing rebuild-relevant information (checksum, timestamp,
etc) in there.

I'd like to commit the assertions and reservations to 2.5. I've run them
through many many tests and it seems to be just as stable as the existing
COSS code.

Any comments?

Adrian