Re: squid-2.5 and coss

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 07:39:28 +0200

On Thursday 14 August 2003 07.14, Adrian Chadd wrote:

> I'd like to commit the assertions and reservations to 2.5. I've run
> them through many many tests and it seems to be just as stable as
> the existing COSS code.

OK for me. COSS is an experimental feature and not under code freeze
even for Squid-2.5. Just remember to update the patches page after
commit.

If you need to touch any files outside of src/fs/coss/ then stricter
rules apply.

But my back of the head says why is this development not done in
Squid-3? We need to start moving development to Squid-3 soon or
Squid-3.0 will never receive any good amount of testing.

If there is customers involved who require Squid-2.5 then sure, 2.5 it
is. If not I see no reason why making anything in 2.5 beyond fixing
bugs to non-experimental features.