Re: squid-2.5 and coss

From: Robert Collins <robertc@dont-contact.us>
Date: 14 Aug 2003 18:20:07 +1000

On Thu, 2003-08-14 at 16:31, Adrian Chadd wrote:

> There's no way to do a dirty rebuild unless:

Easy answer: a dirty coss rebuild is simply to purge the stripes that
are dirty.

Why make the common case difficult to deal with a corner case?

Long term, we can give coss some real power, once we finish the async
key lookups begun in 3.0, as coss then won't need any in-core index -
and the other things you discuss can be done as part of the coss disk
index lookup logic.

Cheers,
Rob