Re: Implementing new algorithm in squid

From: Robert Collins <robertc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 11:23:10 +1000

On Fri, 2003-09-05 at 14:41, Hendy Harsono wrote:
> Hi,

> 1. May i know how can i get the download latency info for a particular
> object and how many objects which has been referred at least f times?

Off-hand, I'm not sure. You will need to look at the replacement policy
API and see if enough detail is available. The per-object latency is not
recorded AFAIK, only object-delivery time, and via the netdb the direct
path cost. object-delivery time is also dependent on the client, so is
not suitable for your algorithm. The Add and Referenced RemovalPolicy
calls provide the StoreEntry, so if that contains, or links to what you
need, you can follow that.

> 2. From which file should i start to trace the codes?
> In the programmin guides,
> A client connection is accepted by the client-side socket support and
> parsed, or is directly created via clientBeginRequest.
> I started from main.c but can not find the any method called to receive
> request or something..

httpAccept in client_side.cc.

Cheers,
Rob