squid and tcp splicing ?

From: J.Smith <lbalbalba@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 22:21:37 +0200

Hi.

I just have a quick question about the squid internals, and I couldn't find
anything about this anywhere so I decided to just 'go ask the people who
wrote the code'.
;)

Is Squid capable of doing 'TCP Connection Splicing ?', or does it have
support for this on the platforms that provide this as a kernel service
(like AIX 5.2) ?

If you have absolute no idea what the fsck Im talking about here (but are
interested), you might want to check out the following papers :

An Evaluation of TCP Splice Benefits in Web Proxy Servers
http://www.cc.gatech.edu/~rosu/

TCP splicing for application layer proxy performance
http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/maltz98tcp.html

Optimizing TCP Forwarder Performance
http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/spatscheck00optimizing.html

Sincerely,