Re: Incorrect authentication pop-up with NTLM

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2003 22:13:05 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 14 Sep 2003, Serassio Guido wrote:

> When loading a ftp:// URL, Internet Explorer pop-ups to me for
> authentication for every internal Squid Icons. This seems to happen always
> after a browser cache clear.

The requests for the icons are most likely in another authentication
realm, assuming you have configured your browser to go direct for local
servers.

With NTLM this should not be a problem as the authentication should be
transparent to the user, but it is a noticeable problem when using Basic
authentication.

What you say seems to indicate there is additional NTLM bugs in Squid in
how it handles NTLM on accelerated requests, which is slightly different
from normal proxied requests.