cache_peer referencing the local host

From: David Nicklay <dnicklay@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 15:32:47 -0500

Hi,

I came across a problem that is present in squid-3.0, which seems to be
a bug. Namely, if I have the origin server on the same host as squid, I
can't make squid use it. When I pass a request to wget like so
'http://192.168.1.100:8080/', it returns 403 forbidden and some
debugging shows that squid thinks it is in a forwarding loop. It
appears that, instead of going to the origin server, squid attempts to
go to itself. If I change the cache_peer line to a different host on
the same port it works again:

Relevant config lines:
http_port 8080 accel vhost
cache_peer 192.168.1.100 parent 80 0 round-robin no-query originserver

--
David Nicklay
Location: CNN Center - SE0811A