Re: Where to deal with POST?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 09:45:28 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 6 Nov 2003, Zhou Hong wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am now working on to add function module of caching web services to squid
> 2.5.

Another note: If you are extending Squid you really should consider basing
this on Squid-3.

Squid-2.5 is near the end of it's life with only bugfixes, and Squid-3.0
is not very far away.

It is not trivial to forward-port this kind of changes from Squid-2.5 to
Squid-3 as very much have changed in how requests are forwarded, apart
from the change of language (C++ instead of C).

Also, I think that what you are up to doing might be considerably easier
to implement in Squid-3 than 2.5.