Re: assistance

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 03:03:09 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004, Ayo wrote:

> hi am trying to write a redirector that will be able
> to read http post from a client in order to match
> for some certain words and redirect the page based on
> the content of such posts. is it possible t hat squid
> will allow my script to access the ttp post. am
> using perl

Not very easily.

Today you can easily get access to the URL and selected request headers,
but not to the body of the POST request.

In future we hope to have ICAP support in Squid which will make this kind
of tasks easier. But for now you need to chain the requests via a
filtering proxy.

There exists a easy to use HTTP module in Perl which can be used for
building a simple filtering proxy in Perl.