Re: Squid-2.5.STABLE5 planned

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 15:45:58 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 29 Nov 2003, Serassio Guido wrote:

> Hi Henrik,
>
> At 20.06 29/11/2003, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
>
> >FYI: I am planning a 2.5.STABLE5 release some time before christmas.
> >
> >It would be great if the pending NTLM issues could be solved before then.
> >If it is then Guidos extension from the squid-nt branch for sending the
> >negotiate packet to the helper will be included.
>
> I'm still having some random authentication pop-ups from IE, always in web
> pages linked to many external objects (banner, logos, images, frames, etc).
> But I'm not sure if they comes from a Squid NTLM problem or from IE 6 SP1
> problems.

With the random popups now nailed I will include this option as part of
the same patch. If nothing else to even out the source size slighlty..

The patch to fix the challenge and helper maintenance rips out the
"deferred" support layer in the stateful helpers. It was too complex to
look into what things went wrong there and with the use somewhat dubious
in terms of stability I see no reason to keep this.

Robert: If you want to keep the "deferrer" stateful helper support in
Squid-3 then you may want to look into the interactions with NTLM helpers
as there was very bad interactions between the two in Squid-2.5. If not
lets rip it out in favor of implementing the overlapped requests
management. Implementing overlapped requests for stateful helpers is
significantly with the deferred layer ripped out.