Default caching maximum time

From: Leeann BENT <lbent@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 06:53:55 -0800 (PST)

Hi All -

I was wondering if someone could confirm that I am reading the squid.conf
correctly when I take the following to mean that squid caches all objects
(except ftp and gopher) for 3 days by default:

refresh_pattern ^ftp: 1440 20% 10080
refresh_pattern ^gopher: 1440 0% 1440
refresh_pattern . 0 20% 4320

I know the min time is given in minutes (in this case 0) and I just want
to make sure that the max time is in the same units. It definitely appears
so from the parsing code:

max = (time_t) (i * 60); /* convert minutes to seconds */

I'd just *really, really* appreciate confirmation that I'm reading this
correctly. It seems very long.

Thanks,
Leeann Bent