Re: Selectively closing connections. Let's make a patch!

From: Muthukumar <kmuthu_gct@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 11:34:42 +0530

> I need help. I want to make some code changes in squid (write a pacth for squid).
> I want to make possible to close active connections SELECTIVELY in squid.

It is good to know.

> For example:
> in squid.conf add new TAG
> close_connections ACL
> or
> close_connections allow|deny ACL
>
> then during squid -k reconfigure active connections for this ACL must be closed!

Ok lets go with some examples.

acl ip src 172.16.1.198
<other acl's>
http_access allow ip
<other http_access rules>

design for close_connections may be like

Regarding to your requirement of closing the connection of acl then,
close_connections allow | deny ip

if you specify as
    close_conntections allow ip
then
    you have to make the environment as
    http_access allow ip
    <snip other http_access rules>

if
    close_conntections deny ip
then
    you have to make the environment as
    http_access deny ip
    <snip other http_access rules>

It must be done with very high attention on the acl rules.You are going to change the access
environment

> Please give me some information about where sould i look in squid/src to make this code changes;
> i need to know mechanism of keeping connections (such as method CONNECT) alive
> during squid reconfigure and how to close them selectively.

we are having some objects in the cache ,After squid reconfigure , acl of
acl manager proto cache_object
must be denied to the access of denied close_connection acl.

If you are using as close_connections deny <acl-name> then
    manager acl must be denied to that acl ..

> I think this feature (selectively closing connections) is very usefull for all.

Detailful and analysed design from all will make this as very much usefull.

Regards,
Muthukumar.