Re: Selectively closing connections. Let's make a patch!

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 11:45:47 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 1 Apr 2004, [koi8-r] "Slivarez![koi8-r] " wrote:

> I need help. I want to make some code changes in squid (write a pacth for squid).
> I want to make possible to close active connections SELECTIVELY in squid.

The general consensus among the developers is that this should be done via
a new "active" control channel to Squid allowing the administrator to send
various actions to Squid, including the ability to selectively terminate
requests/connections.

I do not think doing this via a new squid.conf access list is the proper
approach to the problem.

What might make sense however is to have an option to have http_access
reevaluated on all running requests after reconfigure, but this is not
entierly trivial and may have unwanted sideeffects, especially if
authentication is involved.

I am not even sure how to find the running requests. This will require
some digging around.. to do this properly you need to find the
ClientHttpRequest objects as these is what connects requests and clients
together..