Re: "Runtime" logging into access.log. How?

From: Slivarez ! <slivarez@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2004 09:19:13 +0400

Hi.

>so, you want to observe the process of downloading

yes, this is exactly what i want

>i think i may be able to do this
>for example: you can get one record in access.log at 1 MB of data sent to the client
>did i understand you correctly?

yep, one record per 1MB is a great idea. If source file's size is less than 1MB squid will log in "native" mode, doesn't it?

>It may be worth mentioning that the download can not be blocked by Squid
>once it is started. There is no access controls after the reply has been
>started to be forwarded to the client.

Is it so? Imagine that some user began to download a file, but in a middle of downloading I place this user's ACL in "http_access deny" and make "squid -k reconfigure". Will it interrupt user's downloading process?

Best regards,
Slivarez