Re: "Runtime" logging into access.log. How?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 10:04:34 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 4 Jun 2004, [koi8-r] "Slivarez![koi8-r] " wrote:

> >It may be worth mentioning that the download can not be blocked by Squid
> >once it is started. There is no access controls after the reply has been
> >started to be forwarded to the client.
>
> Is it so? Imagine that some user began to download a file, but in a
> middle of downloading I place this user's ACL in "http_access deny" and
> make "squid -k reconfigure". Will it interrupt user's downloading
> process?

As I said there is only two access controls

  1. Before processing a request starts

  2. Before forwarding of the reply starts

There is no other points in time where requests is access controlled. A
"squid -k reconfigure" will not cause the request to be denied if the
access control rules is changed after forwarding of the reply has started.