Re: Write a filter with SQUID

From: Duane Wessels <wessels@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 10:21:41 -0600 (MDT)

On Mon, 7 Jun 2004, Manesh R wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have an infilter and outfilter modules that works with apache. I want to port the same logic to squid also. Is some filtering modules are available for Squid? Should I modify the Squid source, or can I write a modules that can be hooked to Squid? What's the option avaible.
>
> I guess this is the right forum to ask this question. I did a bit of googling. But I couldn't get a clear answer.

If you are interested in filtering the content of a request or
response (instead of just changing the URL) then you need to look
at something like ICAP or ESI.

There is some ESI code in Squid-3 and the ICAP features are currently
residing in sourceforge CVS branches:

http://devel.squid-cache.org/projects.html#icap
http://devel.squid-cache.org/projects.html#icap_streaming

Duane W.