headers updating

From: Mateusz Srebrny <ms189442@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 23:12:36 +0200 (CEST)

Hi squid-dev,

I have a question concerning the update of the headers of a validated
resource.

For example,
Consider a reply with 'Cache-Control: max-age=60'
Let's say the server responds with 304 Not Modified with
'Cache-Control: max-age=70' for conditional validating squid request.

I think that squid should store the '70' information and more importantly
the client should get it.

In squid 3 code there is a fragment that attempts to do the update.
But, the client gets 'max-age=60' (the store also doesn't know about '70'.

Michal and I are trying to fix it, but we don't see any way to updatre
anything in the store...

The only update is when the resource is stale and server sends new one.
This case is different, however, because of the body already in the
buffer.

We have tried to use the same technique, but our updated resource lacks
the body (but the headers are updated)

Is there a better way of fixing the problem other than not too lucky
(and not too easy to be honest)
rewritting of the body?

Regards,
Mateusz.