Server Side Connections.

From: Jayanth Purushottam - SPAN <jayanth_p@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 17:24:13 +0530

 Hi,

I was reading the "Squid Programmers Guide" and I have a specific question
on the section "Flow of a Typical Request". The documentation says :

"The HTTP module first opens a connection to the origin server or cache
peer. If there is no idle persistent socket available, a new connection
request is given to the Network Communication module with a callback
function. The comm.c routines may try establishing a connection multiple
times before giving up."

I was interested to understand how the Squid behaves when there are two or
more connections from hosts within a LAN to the same Web Server. Does it
maintain seperate connections to the Web Server from each of the clients,
and forward the requests to the Webserver through same connection for that
client? .

Or does it forward the request through any one of the connections to that
Web Server ?

Further is the behavior common amoung all HTTP proxies ?.

I would be very thankful if you help me understand this behavior.

Regards,
Jayanth

DISCLAIMER
 This email message and any attachments is confidential and intended only for
 the use of an individual or entity named above and may contain information
 that is privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable
 law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any
 dissemination, distribution or copying of this email is strictly prohibited.
 If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately by
 return email or admin@spanservices.com and destroy the original message.
 relate to the official business of SPAN, shall be understood to be neither
 given nor endorsed by SPAN

Queries to: admin@spanservices.com