Re: Status on NTLM in Squid3?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 16:48:40 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004, Andrew Bartlett wrote:

> Can somebody give me a quick status update on NTLM in Squid3?

Pretty broken. Pretty much none of the patches which has gone into
Squid-2.5 has yet gone into Squid-3.

> Also, does anybody want to dare to add SPNEGO (Negotiate) support?

I am still struggling to find time to implement this, but it is looking
better now that I feel pretty much done with Squid-2.5 and Guido is doing
a great job on forward porting the missing patches to Squid-3.

Implementation of Negotiate is better done on a clean sheet not looking
too closely at the muddled NTLM implementation where the cludgy support
for session reuse really complicates several things and obfuscates much of
the rest..