Re: squid3 question

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 22:15:50 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004, Mateusz Srebrny wrote:

> We've been idle for a couple of months.
> But now we're back and eager to do some coding.

Welcome back!

> As you might remember, we have got an almost complete ETag/Vary patch
> for squid3.

Excellent!

> The 'almost' part is about the things in squid itself.
> To name a few: the case of buggy httpValidatorsMatch function, the bug
> that store entry cannot be updated in the store.

We are getting some progress in getting Squid-3 bugs fixed so things
should improve over the next months.

> As we're interested in our patch being fully applicable and functional,
> we could try to fix these and other bugs.

You are more than welcome to fix any bugs you encounter. Squid-3 is in
serious shortage of developers working on or with the codebase.

To make our life a little easier it helps if you register a bug report
when encountering a bug, and if fixed attach the patch there. Try to avoid
as much as possible to have bugfixes in your development tree.

The use of a branch avare source maintenance tools such as

   * My CVS scripts for devel.squid-cache.org

   * GNU Arch, used by Robert for a lot of Squid-3 work

   * svk, looks promising but no Squid repository set up yet

is highly recommended as this allows you to actively follow the continued
development and bugfixes while developing your "new feature".