Re: [squid-users] squid + epoll polygraph test

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 11:08:18 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 3 Nov 2004, Muthukumar wrote:

>> There has not been any benchmark on Squid-3 + epoll in a long time. The performance of this is not known.
>
> How many requests being generated by squid + poll() / squid + select() on 32 bit hardwares?

As I said there has not been any benchmarks of Squid-3 for a very long
time. We do not have any numbers to give you.

> Is squid dev team maintaining reports for this?

No.

Please note that the Polygraph license does not allow publishing the
results without an prior agreement with The Measurement Factory.

> It is good to have for comparision report.

Indeed.

>> The Squid developers is currently focused on first getting Squid-3
>> reasonably stable and correct before looking at performance.
>
> Just curious, when will be squid-3.0 stable released?

When the developers are confident in the quality of the release.

> epoll() support will be having on squid-3.0.
> I am tasked to check, how many requests squid + epoll() are supporting.

Please note that Squid-3 is known to still have quite many bugs, so your
results may not be entirely accurate..