RFI / RFP for squid-related consulting ?

From: Ulrich Babiak <ubabiak@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 11:43:07 +0100

From the squid-dev policy:
> Anyone who wishes to address the developers may post to the list
OK, so here we go:

Would it be OK to post an RFP/RFI for squid support/consulting to
either squid-dev and/or squid-users? Which list would be the right
place for such a posting? I have to look for a Germany-based
company, but there are only so few on the "commercial services" list
at http://www.squid-cache.org/Support/services.html and none of them
offers squid expertise/consulting explicitly.

Background info:
I am currently evaluating vendors/products for a caching reverse
proxy/website accelerator. I'd go for squid because it can fulfil most
of our requirements. However, since I don't have the time to climb the
learning curve, I am tempted to buy an appliance-type product due
to ease of configuration and setup. The only way to use squid would
be to hire an expert for the initial hardware and software setup
and ongoing support. So I'd like to look for this kind of service
on the squid lists ....

Best regards,
Ulrich Babiak