Re: NTLM status on Squid 3.0

From: Serassio Guido <guido.serassio@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 18:00:03 +0100

Hi Henrik,

At 16.02 23/01/2005, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

>On Sun, 23 Jan 2005, Serassio Guido wrote:
>
>>so my doubt is: if this forward port works, what I must do with it ?
>>
>>- Merge into HEAD ?
>>- Publish a patch file for reference ?
>>- ???
>
>For bigger changes follow the previously agreed routine
>
>1. Announce the change on squid-dev, with a general description of the
>change and a reference to where it can be inspected. Such reference can be
>either an attached or linked patch, reference to CVS branch, reference to
>arch branch or similar.
>
>2. Give the others up to a week to comment. If there hasn't been any
>complaints then commit it to HEAD.
>
>If the change is not so big or just forward porting of changes from 2.5
>then no review period is needed and it's fine to commit them directly to
>HEAD with a proper changelog describing the changes. If there is
>complaints we will deal with them after the fact.

OK.

My question comes from the doubt about the opportunity of merge into HEAD
some forward ported NTLM changes that should be replaced from a new NTLM
implementation after a few time, or, in the worst case, could conflict with
the NTLM refactoring.

Regards

Guido

-
Guido Serassio
Acme Consulting S.r.l. - Microsoft Certified Partner
Via Gorizia, 69 10136 - Torino - ITALY
Tel. : +39.011.3249426 Fax. : +39.011.3293665
Email: guido.serassio@acmeconsulting.it
WWW: http://www.acmeconsulting.it/