Re: NTLM status on Squid 3.0

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 12:34:12 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005, Serassio Guido wrote:

> Yes, but probably the effort of forward port all changes would be less than
> trying to clean the challenge reuse.

What I did in the 2.5 branch didn't take much time.

I have attached two dummy auth helpers and corresponding dummy cliens used
while verifying the 2.5 branch. One for ntlm and one for negotiate.

The clients expexts dummy auth blobs as input, and also drives the
authentication states via the helper.

    USER=xxxx Successful authentication
    BADxxxx Bad helper
    ERRxxxx Failed authentication
    anything Just a blob

A typical NTLM simulation consists of sending first a dummy blob, then a
USER=... packet.

A Negotiate session is very similar, except that additional blobs may be
required before the successful USER=... packet, and that there is a header
returned to the client on success.