Re: NTLM status on Squid 3.0

From: Serassio Guido <guido.serassio@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 12:44:36 +0100

Hi Henrik,

At 12.12 25/01/2005, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

>On Tue, 25 Jan 2005, Serassio Guido wrote:
>
>>True, the only solution that I can see is to forward port every change,
>>even with a waste of effort, and use the merged code as starting point of
>>the refactoring, but, if I have understood right, the refactoring should
>>be already started.
>
>Focus on any changes to files outside of src/auth/ntlm, if there is any
>such changes not yet forwardported.
>
>Touching the src/auth/ntlm files is probably not very meaningful with the
>restructuring currently taking place. If I remember correctly nearly all
>the changes was related to challenge reuse one way or another, and all of
>this is going away anyway.

All the changes was related to the introduction of the NEGOTIATE support
and stability of challenge reuse, and touched files are src/auth/ntlm and
helper.c.

It seems to me that they are some missing changes/fix in the authentication
framework related to bug #922.

Regards

-
Guido Serassio
Acme Consulting S.r.l. - Microsoft Certified Partner
Via Gorizia, 69 10136 - Torino - ITALY
Tel. : +39.011.3249426 Fax. : +39.011.3293665
Email: guido.serassio@acmeconsulting.it
WWW: http://www.acmeconsulting.it/