Re: IPv6 support

From: Xuân Baldauf <development--squid-dev--squid-cache.org@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 00:54:52 +0100

Alex Rousskov wrote:

> On Tue, 2005/02/15 (MST),
> <development--squid-dev--squid-cache.org@medium.net> wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to bring forward IPv6 support of squid.
>

> FYI: You can try to use Web Polygraph to test performance aspects of
> IPv6 support in Squid. For example, it may be useful to compare IPv4
> and IPv6 performance (with or without DNS) on an otherwise identical
> workload. You can start with a standard workload and then modify it
> to intensify operations that affect IP version the most. I do not
> know if anybody is actively using IPv6 code in Polygraph now, but it
> used to work.
>
> HTH,
>
> Alex.

Thank you, Alex,

for notifying me. Although, I do not expect any noticable changes
regarding performance wether IPv6 is switched on or not. But it may
worth testing this - at least if IPv6 was compileable. I have made some
first steps, but it would be nice if someone could help continueing
those steps. ;-)

Also, it would be nice if Henrik could start with some comments he said
to have on these first IPv6 steps. :-)

ciao,
Xuân.