Re: Squid-3.0.PRE

From: Kinkie <kinkie-dev@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 18:23:49 +0100

On Fri, 2005-03-11 at 01:24, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Mar 2005, Serassio Guido wrote:
>
> > Not all the patches, but for me any major functionality improvement like
> > NTLM negotiate are mandatory.
>
> For STABLE yes, but not for PRE as we know we are going to replace the
> NTLM module almost completely with puts NTLM in the category of "not yet
> implemented" in Squid-3 until the NTLM+SPNEGO rewrite gets there.
>
> There is no point in spending time on forward-porting ntlm related patches
> when we know the whole module is about to be replaced before release.
>
> > Ok, I was thinking that the changes would be bigger, so the target for
> > SPNEGO support could be PRE4 ?
>
> If it gets done in time. If not PRE5.

> Kinkie?

Sorry guys, I've been quite out of touch with reality for a while (now
I'm in only slightly better shape).
The forward-porting of the bug NTLM blob is halfway done but not yet
committed due to it being halfway.
As soon as I have something that compiles I'll release a patch and start
a testing+stabilization cycle.

        Kinkie