Re: Squid-3.0.PRE

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 01:24:25 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005, Serassio Guido wrote:

> Not all the patches, but for me any major functionality improvement like
> NTLM negotiate are mandatory.

For STABLE yes, but not for PRE as we know we are going to replace the
NTLM module almost completely with puts NTLM in the category of "not yet
implemented" in Squid-3 until the NTLM+SPNEGO rewrite gets there.

There is no point in spending time on forward-porting ntlm related patches
when we know the whole module is about to be replaced before release.

> Ok, I was thinking that the changes would be bigger, so the target for
> SPNEGO support could be PRE4 ?

If it gets done in time. If not PRE5.

Kinkie?