RE: Linux filesystem speed comparison

From: Steven Wilton <swilton@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 08:41:31 +0800

My thoughts were that if the numbers for %CPU in system and user were
similar, then a "more efficient" filesystem would arrange the data on disk
in such a way that the disk spends less time performing the operations.

I will add graphs for the /proc/diskstats value that records the amount of
time the disk is actually performing operations, and see how this compares
across the different filesystems (I looked at the iostat source to see how
it calculates the %util value).

Regards

Steven