Re: Squid code base for icap patch from devel.squid-cache.org?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 23:29:29 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005, Tsantilas Christos wrote:

> The icap patch in web site contains some lfs code
> and does not apply to squid-2.5.STABLE9
> Is something that I can do when a new squid version released,
> in order to have an icap patch which coresponds to the
> latest squid version?

The general idea is that maintained development branches should track the
main developments relatively closely and apply to the nightly snapshots,
and that users wanting to run developer core should not be afraid of also
using the nightly snapshots..

But to freeze a patch release you can always drop patch files into the web
site, or tag it in the CVS before merging past the release date (see
cvsmkpatch) and then add a patch link for this specific patch version to
the project section. Some of the completed projects have examples of links
to specific patch releases.

Note: The devel.squid-cache.org CVS repository does not have any
information about when each stable release is made, so to bring a devel
branch in sync with a specific release you need to do so at the point of
release.