Re: future of icap-patch

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 02 May 2005 23:00:29 -0500

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> On Mon, 2 May 2005, Baumgaertel Oliver wrote:
>
>> I do understand that there were a couple of people in the past asking for
>> exactly that and it was denied. I am currently in the position to have
>> the
>> freedom to start a new icap code project. But before I dive headfirst
>> into
>> it, I'd ask if it is at all possible to make it a part of the mainline
>> once
>> it reaches a certain maturity and if so, what do I have to do for it.
>

> For it to get included it must be to the development version of Squid,
> i.e. Squid-3.
>
> Squid-2.5 is in it's STABLE cycle where only bugfixes is accepted. No
> new features is accepted except as required to address security issues.

Though there have been occasions where a new branch was started just to
"keep up" with what a side project was doing. Sometimes those branches
get merged into the next development release, either by someone else, or
the same person that started the branch.

But, Henrik is the boss of devel.squid-cache.org, so my opinion is moot.
  Just mentioning what has been known to happen in the past...