Re: AW: future of icap-patch

From: Tsantilas Christos <chtsanti@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 03 May 2005 17:34:15 +0300

Baumgaertel Oliver wrote:

>Same procedure as last time... It won't patch against the normal STABLE9
>branch. What is exactly what I was talking about in the first place. It's no
>use if we can't run the patch at least against ones that were already
>introduced some time ago...................................

Ok, but this happens because the icap patch was not stable enough when
the STABLE9
was released (still is not) , so it was not make sense to produce a
squid-icap-2.5-STABLE9
version because it does not work well.
Since STABLE9 was released I corrected a number of bugs, and it was not
easy for me, I am
not as experianced are the other squid developers, here.
In the other hand we must follow the squid development, when the icap
patch will be stable
maybe the squid has reach the STABLE55 release......

The new version for squid planned for 8 May. If the icap patch looks
enough stable, we can
freeze a patch release for squid-icap, and why not, make a
squid-icap-2.5.STABLE10.tgz
file distribution.

>.........................And the only way around that is to get it into the
>main branch. As long as we need the main part of the time to get it into the
>current code at all it's not possible to really improve its condition.

Henrik explained to us the development status of squid.
I want to see an icap client in squid3. If someone starts the
development of it, I will try to help.
But, for my point of view, this is the only I can do in this phase........

Regards
  Christos