Re: cvs commit: squid/src cachemgr.c

From: Takahiro Kambe <taca@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 00:35:36 +0900 (JST)

Hi,

In message <Pine.LNX.4.61.0505111547380.25899@localhost.localdomain>
        on Wed, 11 May 2005 15:59:36 +0200 (CEST),
        Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Apr 2005, Takahiro Kambe wrote:
>
> > But once I choose to using a patch, previous patch needs to be applied
> > and always fear chosen patch files would be modified suddenly.
>
> I have now extended our patch management tools slightly to allow a slight
> change in the patch policy based on your suggestion. When a published
> patch is updated a version number is now added to the patch. This scheme
> has already been put into use as can be seen in the
> squid-2.5.STABLE9-dns_query patch which is now at version 3
> (squid-2.5.STABLE9-dns_query-3.patch).
Oh, great!

> Broken versions of patches which in our opinion should not be used will be
> deleted to ensure dist builds or other direct links to the patch file
> notice the change and stops some people from rebuilding versions with
> known broken patches.
Changing a patch file name is much better than changing the content of
the same patch file name.

> It is also our clear preference that binary package wendors try to adhere
> to the STABLE releases as closely as possible.
Thanks for your nice job. Ths is very good news not only for pkgsrc
developpers but pkgsrc users.

Best regards.

--
Takahiro Kambe <taca@back-street.net>