Re: Squid/icap 2.5 CVS

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 16:15:05 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 17 May 2005, Tsantilas Christos wrote:

> I hope that this means that you are starting developement in icap-client :-)

Not in this icap client. But I have another (see below).

> I think icap is a must for squid.

Agreed.

> Thinks like modifing headers (like those you are talking about with
> James ) are easier using icap. It is better for someone to put efford on
> icap developement (one patch) than on a number of different patches

I already have a what I consider good ICAP client for Squid (the
icap_streaming project). Just missing a customer willing to pay for it to
have it published. icap_streaming was initially developed for a bigger
potential customer project, but this project unfortunately got cancelled
leaving icap_streaming somewhat hanging mid-air but still completed.

If there is interest in this please contact sales@marasystems.com.