Re: Starting SQUID/IPv6 tests...

From: Rafael Martinez Torres <rafael.martinez@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 10:35:08 +0200 (CEST)

PGP public key: http://www.ngn.euro6ix.org/IPv6/rafael.martinez.gpg

> All cbdata classes is allocated via cbdataInternalAlloc which initializes
> these fields proper.

Yes, I saw it... they call it from the macro "cbdataAlloc"...

> I said, a stack trace showing exacly which error you are looking at would
> help a lot in trying to identify the cause. Without a stack trace all we
> can do is guess.. and my best guess is the known acl related problem (see
> bugzilla). Not technically a "problem", more like code partway thru
> refactoring and currently in an inconsistent state..

Squid is single-threaded... I tried to use the gdb, but at
least there are three "fork()" system-calls, and you must prompt gdb
to choose between the parent or child process...
The trace I follow (on main.cc) is:

first fork: child: (setsid() call)
second fork: parent: (cpid variable )
third fork: child: (around openlogname)

Then, after "execvp(prog,argc)" I cannot track any more the code waiting
for requests...

Maybe I'm not an expert on gbd... If you have an URL on the Squid3 website
talking on debugging matters, I will read it.

For the time beeing I will try the patch for the bug #1201 as Guido
suggested...