Re: Starting SQUID/IPv6 tests...

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 12:17:07 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 7 Jun 2005, Rafael Martinez Torres wrote:

> Squid is single-threaded... I tried to use the gdb, but at
> least there are three "fork()" system-calls, and you must prompt gdb
> to choose between the parent or child process...
> The trace I follow (on main.cc) is:

I use the following:

% gdb /path/to/squid
(gdb) handle SIGPIPE pass noprint nostop
(gdb) run -DNYCd3

The -N and -C is the most important. -N disables the daemon mode, and -C
disables the signal handlers.

SIGPIPE needs to be ignored if your have some real-life clients as SIGPIPE
is delivered each time a client aborts while Squid is sending data to
it...

You can also attach to a already runing Squid if you prefer this:

% gdb /path/to/squid `cat /path/to/squid.pid`
(gdb) handle SIGPIPE pass noprint nostop
(gdb) continue