Re: Squid LDAP Digest

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 14:49:00 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005, Richard Stubbs wrote:

> Hmm, thanks I was not aware of the generic LDAP helper in 3, nice to know. I will
> take a look at that as perhaps I can simply contribute to that. Right now I needed a
> digest method for an eDIr environment for squid 2 and this seems to work nicely.

Since the eDIR helper requires quite eDIR specific extensions I think it
is better kept as a separate helper, allowing it to be more focused on
eDIR environments. This should makes it both easier to maintain and easier
for users to understand what to use and how.

It may make sense to factor out some of the common code used in all the
LDAP helpers into a common LDAP library, but it is not very important.